Thursday, October 11, 2007

What's up with that?

Somehow this morning I was laying in bed and the wierdest memory from Junior High popped in my head. For some reason it was really cool and trendy to go and buy Mr. Zog's Sex Wax (the wax you put on surf boards) from the local skateboard shop and kids would chew on it. Now this seems strange--but at the time it seemed TOTALLY normal. Why chew wax of all things? Why not, say, GUM? Kids do the wierdest things.

Now, I have also recently discovered a new trend that maybe you all already know about--that has totally missed my radar--but that I find truly fascinating and ODD!! The Pimp Glass. On Ebay right now there are over 100 listed. I am not exactly sure what they are used for--I am assuming the consumption of some sort of libation. And since people are willing to spend anywhere from $20 to $100 for their "Pimp Glass"--I am assuming they must be drinking something pretty tasty. Someone please explain this trend to me. One more thought--can only pimps drink out of the pimp glass or does one become a pimp by drinking out of the pimp glass? Or are there poser-pimps that buy pimp glasses just to look cool, in hopes that people will think they are a pimp?



A couple of updates: I am sad to say that Cormac McCarty did not win the Nobel Prize in Literature--maybe next year (Someone named Doris Lessing won--I will have to check her out). I made the macaroni with cauliflower and it was okay, not great--Kendall ate it...but then she had diarrhea the next day--I hope that wasn't my fault.

2 comments:

The Media Grab said...

Becks,

Right around the same time we were chewing sex wax (which, incidentally, has nothing to do with fornication and everything to do with keeping your feet on a surfboard) I also engaged in the 'zinka' phenomenon. Remember that? If you think drinking out of a pimp glass seems silly, just wait until colored zinc oxide makes a comeback and we can all paint our faces in neon green and hot pink.

MommyLisa said...

I remember THAT! As a lifeguard I painted my face many colors of zinc...it was the hip thing to do. Neon pink was my fave.