Thursday, April 14, 2011

Well.

I smelled the koolaid.  I looked at the koolaid.  I then took a medium sized gulp of the koolaid.  I swirled that gulp in my mouth.  And then bam, the acrid, nasty taste hit me and with amazing force spit out the koolaid. 

And so goes the story of me walking in to Disney World and me walking out after 1 hour and 11 minutes (15 minutes of that was spent in the Dreyer's ice cream line).  Yep, I am not a fan of amusement parks.  Sorry kids, lets go to the beach instead.  Lets go camping.  Lets go swimming in lakes.  Lets go on a hike.  Lets swim with sea turtles.  But lets not pretend to be some Disney prince/princess and spend $312 on park passes so that we can try and feel magical when in fact catching fire flies in our own backyard is where the real magic is.   Miss you guys, can't wait to kiss those cheekers in 33 hours 25 minutes.

3 comments:

Meri said...

I was never a huge fan of amusement parks as a kid. I like roller coasters and all, but it just wasn't my favorite. Now I"ll go if its a really, really good deal, and that's about it!

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking...Hawaiian punch, sun tea, fruit smoothies, orange juice,
hot cocoa, lemonade...all sound so much better than 'COOL-Aid'. Cheers to you! Live and learn my dear.

MommyLisa said...

I know what you mean - they are kind of a let down, aren't they? But I know Boo Boo wants to go someday. *sigh*