Monday, May 30, 2011

My New Summer Cocktail--The Rhodie, otherwise known as the Maple Leaf, otherwise known as Vermontucky Lemonade

I saw this recipe on Smitten Kitchen and although I have never even tasted bourbon, the fact that I like lemons and that I have freshly made maple syrup available to me was enticing.  I also found the recipe below at this website.  I think I am going to try it out today. 

INGREDIENTS:

  • 2 ounces Bulleit bourbon (or other quality bourbon)
  • 1/2 ounce fresh squeezed Meyer lemon juice (see Note)
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons pure maple syrup, or more to taste
  • 2 ounces fresh lemonade

METHOD:

  • Fill a cocktail shaker halfway full with ice.
  • Add all of the ingredients, secure the lid and shake vigorously for 30 seconds until the contents are frosty and iced cold.
  • Pour through a fine mesh sieve into a glass and serve immediately.

2 comments:

Meri said...

"vermontucky" lemonade is the best name ever! This sounds pretty good!

KWTB said...

Sounds yummy!