Monday, May 11, 2009

Dirty Dishwater Blond

When I was a kid, someone told me that I had "dirty dishwater blond hair" and I forever loved that. For years, people would say I had brown or blond hair and I would correct them and say "dirty dishwater blond"---not that being brown or blond was bad...I just kind of liked to think I was different. I was looking at Kendall and Mason tonight and they have the same color. Blond in one light, orange in another and brown in a couple of other spots. I dig it. Wood Tick Torture Method #1. Scientists: Joshua and Rebecca: Location: Kitchen Sink: Method: Fill little dish with 70% rubbing alcohol. Put the wood tick found in Mason's hair in the dish (there goes that good karma I acquired)....and watch what happens. About two minutes in, the tick starts to slowly crawl around the dish. 5 minutes later bug is dead. Good riddance.

3 comments:

MommyLisa said...

Okay- totally different experience. When someone told me I had "dishwater blonde" hair I freaked out!!! "I do NOT!" I said at the age of 8 or 9.

The person was blind, my hair was blindingly blonde as pictures will attest. ;)

Keep up the wood tick torture, we won't tell Hillary.

Marlys Hesch Sebasky said...

Josh never did finish his childhood series of experiments in this fascinating but little-known area of science. Good to hear he's found another like-minded scientist, AND a specimen collector, too!
xoxo

jesi said...

i also had the "dirty dishwater blond hair" and now so does my girl...i think it is beautiful!! Just like YOU!!