Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Growing Up

To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides. David Viscott



I saw a very elderly man very slowly and diligently climb out of his car at the gas station the other day.  As he walked by my car I noticed that he had a Powerball ticket where he had picked certain numbers and he was going in to purchase them.  I sat there and I pondered.  What is his age?  Is he in a bad spot and very much needs the money even this late in life?  Or perhaps he just is the eternal optimist and thinks that despite all this time, he still may win the big one?  Maybe he had a lot of line items on his bucket list he still hopes to complete?  Maybe he has a 100 grandchildren and he wants to pay for college?  Maybe his wife is in the hospital and they can't afford her medication?  Maybe he has always wanted a convertible and this is his only hope?  What are the numbers?  Does he buy the same numbers every week? 

No comments: